More than 1,600 colleges and universities were included in the annual assessment for 2021, which took into account data from the U.S. Department of Education, standardized test scores, acceptance rates and testimonials from students and alumni.
Among the honors granted to Daemen:
- Top 20% Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America;
- Top 20% Best Value in America;
- Top 1/3 of Colleges for Nursing in America;
- Top 20% Safest College Campuses in America;
- Best Value College, Top 3, Buffalo-Niagara region.
“For Daemen to be recognized for excellence in so many different areas is a testament to our determination to be ranked among the country’s most prestigious colleges—and our significant progress in achieving this goal,” said Gary Olson, president of Daemen College.
“We strive to be a well-rounded institution, and these honors help capture what’s so special about our college, our students, faculty, campus and community,” Olson added.
Students nominating the college for the awards cited the benefits of its small class sizes, a family-like atmosphere, academic excellence and career-focused programs.