Local high school students were recognized for their exceptional artwork at an opening reception held Feb. 5 for Daemen College’s 48th annual All High Exhibition in the Peter and Elizabeth C. Tower Gallery in the Haberman Gacioch Arts Center.
Exhibition honors and Daemen scholarships were awarded to selected juniors and seniors from high schools from across Western New York at the reception held for the juried competition, which includes more than 120 entries.
The college’s Department of Visual and Performing Arts also presented $5,000 Visual Art Scholarships to Julia Koprevich from Grand Island Senior High School, and Erin Weber of Lancaster High School.
Selection for the renewable scholarship is based on academic achievement and the strength of a student’s portfolio that are formally evaluated by faculty on the department’s Portfolio Day.
Top honors were presented to:
- Best in Show – Kerstynn Reifsteck, Pioneer High School.
- Best Graphic Design – Mariellen Richardson, Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Best Illustration – Naija Boles, Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Best Painting – Julia Koprevich, Grand Island Senior High School.
- Best Photo – Tyler Biaz, The Gow School.
- Best Print – Umaporn Samudrala, Lewiston-Porter High School.
- Best Three-Dimensional – Loralie Beaupre-Levesque, Lewiston-Porter High School.
Honorable mentions were awarded to:
- Sibyl Delgrolice, Niagara Falls High School.
- Arianna Filiaci, Fairport High School.
- Nazariel Gonzalez, Tonawanda High School.
- Calvin Hardick, Clarence High School.
- Danielle Kibler, Pioneer High School.
- Sarah Mertzlufft, Iroquois High School.
- Faith Nunz, Depew High School.
- Amber Palka, Sweet Home High School.
- Bethany Reigelman, Amherst High School.
- Paige Wetherwax, Royalton-Hartland High School.
Daemen’s All High Exhibition will be on view in the Tower Gallery, located on the first floor of the Haberman Gacioch Arts Center, through Feb. 24. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.