Daemen University has earned a bevy of national distinctions from Niche, an online higher education rankings platform.
Daemen was rated as an “A-” college nationally for its value and ranked third in the category in the Buffalo-Niagara region.
For 2023, Daemen’s Niche distinctions included:
- Best Value Colleges in America – top 17 percent
- Safest College Campuses in America – top 20 percent
- Hardest Colleges to Get into in America – top 25 percent
- Best College Locations in America – top third
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America – top 30 percent
In New York
- Best Colleges for Nursing in New York – 12th, top 25 percent
- Best Value Colleges in New York – top 25 percent
- Safest College Campuses in New York – top third
“Daemen’s excellence extends to all facets of the higher education experience, and we are pleased to be recognized for the university’s achievement’s and continued excellence in these many areas,” said Gary Olson, president of Daemen.
Daemen was also recognized for having more than 95 percent of alums employed two years after graduation, besting the national average by 12 percentage points—as well as a four-year graduation rate 13 percent higher than the national average.
For diversity, the college earned an above-average “B” grade.
For its 2023 rankings, Niche assessed more than 1,600 colleges and universities and took into account data from the U.S. Department of Education, standardized test scores, acceptance rates and testimonials from students and alumni.
Students nominating the college for the awards cited the benefits of its small class sizes and career-focused programs.