The outstanding achievements of graduating students in the Daemen College Class of 2017 were recognized at the annual Excellence Awards Ceremony held on May 19 as part of the college’s commencement weekend activities.
“This ceremony is a wonderful Daemen tradition to celebrate the highest-achieving students in our graduating class who have added so much to our college community and excelled academically,” said Daemen President Gary A. Olson.
Departmental award winners are:
Accounting and Business Administration
- Niko Jemmison of Bronx- Accounting Award
- Shannon McDonough of Grand Island – Paralegal Graduate of the Year
- Chad Van Every of Lakewood – Charles Sabatino Sport Management Graduate of the Year
- Maximillan Winterburn of Ouseburn, United Kingdom – International Business Award
- Caleb Earl of Kenmore – Clinical Excellence Award
- Mallorie Larson of Amherst – Sue Rocque Award
- Nina Pundt of Norfolk, Mass. – Undergraduate Excellence in Education Award
Global and Local Sustainability
- Maximillan Winterburn of Ouseburn, United Kingdom – Outstanding Graduate Award
- Lumeshwar Kumar of Bronx – Student of Distinction Award
History and Political Science
- Nicholas Paveljack of Buffalo – Best Senior Thesis Award
- James Borges of Wattsburg, Pa. – Outstanding Student Research Project Award
- Julia Kittell of East Aurora – Outstanding Graduating Senior Award
- Amanda Cody of Hamburg – Outstanding Leader Award (Graduate Student)
- Erika Grose of Newfane – Excellence in Advanced Nursing Practice Award (Graduate Student)
- Benjamin Hunt of West Seneca – The Emerging Leader Award (Undergraduate)
- Sean Christie of Erie, Pa. – New York Physical Therapy Association Student Participation Award
- Hannah Marvin of Newark – Physical Therapy Department Faculty Recognition Award
- Katelyn Winkler of Dolgeville – Richard Schweichler Award for Academic Excellence
- Patrick Carbary of Amherst – Chair’s Award
- Hannah Gullo of West Seneca – Outstanding Senior Thesis Award (Fall 2016 group)
- Abby Lindberg of Newark – Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
- Sara Spence of Tonawanda – Outstanding Senior Thesis Award (Spring 2017 group)
Master of Public Health
- Nicole Donofrio of Lancaster – Master of Public Health Leadership Award
- Divjot Kaur of Ludhiana, India – Master of Public Health Academic Achievement Award
- Maryan Jumale of Buffalo – Outstanding Performance in Field Education (BASW)
- Kennedy Lewandowski of North Tonawanda – Outstanding Achievement in Social Work (BASW)
- Julie Maxwell of Cheektowaga – Outstanding Achievement in Social Work (MSW)
- Jade McKnight of Theresa – Outstanding Performance in Field Education (MSW)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Alex Krull of North Tonawanda – Studio Achievement in Animation (“Sweatbox Award”)
- Angela Marini of West Seneca – Outstanding Achievement in Visual Communication
- Autumn McGee of Lancaster – Studio Achievement Award
- Christina Auguste of Brooklyn – Mary Angela Canavan Award, which recognizes an undergraduate student who has made significant contributions to the betterment of student life at the college. She earned a bachelor’s degree in political science.
- Lumeshwar Kumar of Bronx – Alumni Senior Award, which recognizes an undergraduate student who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to the larger community. He earned a bachelor’s degree in health promotion.
- Lindsey Kreuzer of West Seneca – President’s Award, which recognizes an undergraduate student who has exhibited dedication, care and concern for their fellow students. She earned a bachelor’s degree in natural science.
- Daemen College Tradition Keeper: The DC Book Medal – Mariah Burkhard of Churchville, Gianne Gerena of Brooklyn, Lindsey Kreuzer of West Seneca, Lumeshwar Kumar of Bronx, and Eric Mundt of Rochester.
Photos from the Excellence Awards Ceremony are available by visiting Daemen’s Web site.