Top honors have been awarded to several Daemen College students with artwork on display in the annual Visual and Performing Arts Undergraduate Exhibition in the Peter and Elizabeth C. Tower Gallery in the Haberman Gacioch Arts Center.
The exhibit, on display through April 13, showcases student work in various media, including painting, illustration, printmaking, and animation. The 2018 award winners are:
- Junior –Jacob DePoint of Rochester.
- Sophomore – Miles Miller of Springfield Gardens.
- First Year – Lake Palermo of Williamsville.
- Junior – Imani Williamson of Buffalo.
- Sophomore – John Gatto of Lewiston.
- First Year – Brianne Nightingale of Lancaster.
Floydie Award for Figure Drawing:
- Alexander Quinn of Williamsville, junior.
Sister Jeanne File Art History Award:
- Joseph Clark of Oceanside, junior.
Honorable Mentions were presented to:
- Juniors – Joseph Clark of Oceanside, Megan Fox of Lancaster, Desiree Lis of Bowmansville, and Carly Sager of Cheektowaga.
- Sophomores – Ashley Dusza of Alden, Emily Goldenberg of Vestal, and Carly Uzar of Buffalo.
- First-Year Students – Valerie D’Agostino of Lancaster, Julia Koprevich of Grand Island, Erin Reilly of Buffalo, and Erin Weber of Lancaster.
The Tower Gallery, located on the first floor of the arts center, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.