Area high school students were recognized for their outstanding works of art on display in Daemen College’s 49th annual All High Exhibition, which is being shown through Feb. 23 in the Peter and Elizabeth C. Tower Gallery in the Haberman Gacioch Arts Center.
Exhibition honors and Daemen scholarships were presented to selected juniors and seniors from throughout Western New York and surrounding areas. This year’s juried competition includes more than 115 entries.
In addition to top honors, the Daemen Department of Visual and Performing Arts awarded $5,000 Visual Arts Scholarships to Tessa Santillo from Clarence High School and Shertee Say from the Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts. Selection for the renewable scholarship is based on academic achievement and the strength of a student’s portfolio that is formally evaluated by faculty on the department’s Portfolio Day.
Top honors for the 2018 All High Exhibition were presented to:
- Best in Show – John Graber, Kenmore East High School.
- Best Drawing – Isaac Vazques, Jr., Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts .
- Best Illustration – Siana Parks, Kenmore East High School.
Best New Media – Eita Nanda, Kenmore West High School.
- Best Painting – Osvaldo Rodriguez Morles, Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Best Photo – Kevin Girasole, Lewiston-Porter High School.
- Best Print – Nicholas Stokes, Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Best Three-Dimensional – Ashley Meagher, Lewiston-Porter High School.
- Buffalo Society of Artists Award – Emma Symons, Clarence High School.
Honorable mentions were awarded to:
- Amanda Bracci, Clarence High School.
- Emma Dickenson, Clarence High School.
- Hannah Fish, Pine Valley High School.
- Katherine King, The Gow School.
- Grace LaPrade, Amherst High School.
- Chadrack Mayizo, Charter High School for Applied Technology.
- Jessica Pelc, Eden High School.
- Shertee Say, Buffalo Academy for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Nick Scolaro, The Gow School.
- Han Tran, Sweet Home High School.